Rise Of The Empire

Discussion board for the Star Wars script rewrites, or any other Star Wars related topics!
Forum rules
Please mark any spoilers with [spoiler][/spoiler]

Rise Of The Empire

Postby Mobility » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:11 am

For anyone who wants to use it, this is a discussion forum for the Rise Of The Empire prequel rewrite script!

All the prequel rewrites can be found here: http://swiftbow.com/StarWars.html

I thought of structuring it this way: Things we like, Things we don't like and review of the episode.
Mobility

Re: Rise Of The Empire

Postby Mobility » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:30 pm

I deeply regret the delay, but I've been busy with work and other things. But here is my opinion of Episode II: The Rise of the Empire:
Episode II
- A more believable romance between Anakin and Padme
- Plot to transform the Republic into the Empire more realized
- Obi-Wan's character more explored
- The character of Telly
- The new version of Grievous and his role
- Include Tarkin in the plot of Palpatine
- The new version of the droids

Dislike
- Too much politics

Opinion of Episode II: For me, for now, the best of the three prequels. In this episode, you used less from the original, but still the basic plot is more or less the same. But these things aside, very good movie. The only thing I did not like is that there is too much politics, though it is justified (Palpatine's plot to blame the Jedi and other things). And something that I also liked about this episode is that is the beginning of the end of the Jed. Dooku's treachery better led, separating the Jedi of the Republic, etc. Everything flows nicely and the story attach until the end.

And that's it, this is my opinion of Episode II, when I can and I finish reading the script of Episode III I will put my opinion on it. SwiftBow, it would be nice if you could leave me a comment of what you think about my opinions (and also explain you, if you want) of each episode. ;)
Mobility

Re: Rise Of The Empire

Postby Swiftbow » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:40 am

Yeah, thanks! I was trying to avoid having "Swiftbow" always being the last poster on the threads, lol. Also, I thought I'd set a thread watch in here, but apparently it didn't work, because I just now came and checked and saw your last posting. Sorry for the delay!

But thanks for the feedback. I've been long pleased with the second script, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. The politics can get a bit heavy, but it's critical to the overall shift of the balance of power. One can't observe the fall of a Republic into an Empire without some of it!

Looking forward to your last review!
Swiftbow

Return to Uber Star Wars